Professor Nevena Stojanovic welcomes chapter proposals for an interdisciplinary collection on the life, oeuvre, and legacy of the famous nineteenth-century French Jewish actress Eliza Rachel Félix (1821-1858).
Scholars in the fields of literary and cultural studies, theater, Jewish studies, history of art, journalism, etc. are encouraged to contribute chapter proposals. Possible topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Rachel as a Jewish actress
- Rachel as a tragedienne
- Rachel’s roles
- Rachel’s impact on the French theater
- Rachel’s influence on nineteenth-century actresses
- Rachel as a symbol of resistance and revolution
- Rachel as a national and international celebrity
- Rachel’s private and public lives
- Rachel’s biographers and their portrayals of her life and work
- References and allusions to Rachel in nineteenth-, twentieth-, and twenty-first century literature
Please send your proposal (300-500 words) and a brief bio to Prof. Nevena Stojanovic at email@example.com by May 1, 2018. Please type ‘edited collection on Rachel’ in the subject line. Feel free to contact Nevena if you have any queries.