Professor Nevena Stojanovic is seeking chapters for an edited collection on the life, oeuvre, and legacy of Eliza Rachel Félix (1821-1858). The deadline for submissions has been extended to September 1st 2018.
Scholars in the fields of literary and cultural studies, theatre, Jewish studies, history of art, journalism, etc. are encouraged to contribute. Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- Rachel as a Jewish actress
- Rachel as a tragedienne
- Rachel’s impact on the French theatre
- Rachel’s influence on nineteenth-century actresses
- Rachel as a symbol of resistance and revolution
- Rachel as a national and international celebrity
- Rachel’s private and public lives
- Rachel’s biographers and their portrayals of her life and work
- References and allusions to Rachel in nineteenth-, twentieth-, and twenty-first century literature
Please send your proposal (300-500 words) and a brief bio to Prof. Nevena Stojanovic at email@example.com by September 1st 2018. Please type ‘edited collection on Rachel’ in the subject line. Feel free to contact Nevena if you have any queries. Cambridge Scholars Publishing is interested in publishing the collection, and our relevant information can be found below.
Important Publisher Information:
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing Contributor Agreement — Cambridge Scholars Publishing’s Contributor Agreement is available by clicking here(PDF).
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing Policies and Guidelines — Cambridge Scholars Publishing requires that bibliographic citations follow Chicago Manual of Style format. For additional manuscript guidelines, please click here (PDF).
- Additional publishing policies and guidelines are available by clicking here.